Thursday 14 February 2013

Straight Talking Support For Marriage Equality

One of my 'hetrosexual pals' made a submission to the Constitutional Convention regarding Marriage Equality, here it is and I just love it, and her!


I have one of the  best  friends that anyone could hope for. She isloyal, supportive, caring, honest, funny and generous to a fault. She is alsogay. She has been in a committed and loving relationship with a wonderful womanwho shares all the fantastic qualities she possesses for the last seven years.Last June I travelled to Spain with a large group of their friends and familyto witness their Civil Partnership. I have never seen a couple so in love.
 I was under the impression that the ceremony Iwatched was in fact a marriage and I didn’t realise until recently that myfriends have not got the same legal rights as a heterosexual married couple. Ibelieve this to be nothing short of a disgrace this day in age.

Gay couples should NOT have any less rights asus married heterosexuals. They deserve it just as much as we do. They havefought long enough to take away the stigma of being gay especially in thiscountry and its high time the government stopped with this ridiculous dark agestype view on Gay Marriage. Please give them the rights they deserve.



No comments:

Post a Comment