Tuesday 6 December 2011

It's Totally Freezing!

Ok...My fingers are too cold to do a blog today...We are sitting here with the heating on full blast, the fire is up on high and we have now resorted to placing our feet on hot water bottles...Ireland is just too cold....

I'm half thinking of investing in those 1980's gloves with the fingertips gone just so I can keep warm....My feet have actually gone blue and I'm so cold I cant even concentrate on the crappy cookery program Skip is forcing me to watch..

So in the spirit of keeping warm I will share a short cabbagy moment with you....

I'm down in my mom's, this was after she had died and Kim was living there with Leondra....you know who you are pal...anyway I am in need of a nice warm cup-o-soup so go routing through Kim's food press...I have my handy travel mug on me as we are just about to go for a drive....

I find a delicious looking green pepper soup, its the last one...do I take their last cup-o-soup....yes I do...

I empty the floury contents into my travel mug..add the boiling water...give it a stir...yumser..it smells delicious...  I make my exit and call shotgun...

We are on route and I am sipping on my hot soup...I say to the inhabitants of the vehicle...this is lovely soup but its very spicy, my lips are on fire...Kim says...Where did you get this soup...I reply...sorry I took your last one.....Kim says....but we didn't have any soup...there is silence for  a minute as I take this in...taking another sip of the spicy goodness....

Kim asks...what kind of soup is it...I say....I think it's green pepper.....she starts to laugh uncontrollably...I am silent again, this has to be a joke....Skip asks Kim....what is it...Kim...between the laughing manages to tell Skip that its Leo's pepper sauce....I open the lid of my travel mug and take a deep inhalation..smelling said sauce...and reply.......I was wondering why it was so thick......

They all laugh..I turn look at them and take another sip from my mug...why waste a good sauce.....Skip turns to Kim and tells her I'm a cabbage...

No comments:

Post a Comment